Thursday 25 August 2011

VMA Nominee Big Sean Gets Carjacked On 'When I Was 17'

'Within that 20 to 30 seconds, somebody hopped in my car and drove off,' Best New Artist nominee reveals.
By Kara Warner


Big Sean
Photo: MTV News

Rising star and Best New Artist VMA nominee Big Sean might be riding high these days, but in the new episode of "When I Was 17," airing Saturday at 11 a.m. on MTV, the G.O.O.D. Music MC reveals a not-so-starry moment from his teens.

"When I was 17, I got a brand-new 2005 Chevy Impala. I was one of the only people with a new car so I was definitely enjoying it, having fun," Sean recalled. "One day outside my house, you know sometimes when you're blocked in, you have to move cars out the driveway and move them back in? I was just trying to hurry up and do it, so I left my car running, hopped out my car and hopped into another car to pull it into the driveway," he explained. "Within that 20 to 30 seconds, somebody hopped in my car and drove off. I'm like 'Mom! Mom! Mom! Somebody stole my car!' I was thinking, 'Damn, I f----d up.' "

The Detroit native said that he and his mother called the police, but due to the number of carjackings in the area, their request wasn't considered a high priority.

"I had a tracking device on my car," Sean said. "And we still couldn't find my car."

One 2005 Chevy Impala aside, the Finally Famous lyricist hasn't experienced the loss of any other prized possessions. For now he is focused on his music, and his first-ever VMA nomination.

"Man, I was hype as hell," Sean told MTV News upon learning of his nomination for Best New Artist. "I called my mom at like midnight. I was in Charlotte, [North Carolina], the night when I found out, and I called my mom and I woke her up," he revealed. "I'm excited. Hopefully, it's gonna be a good night."

"When I Was 17" — this week featuring VMA nominees Big Sean, Tyler, the Creator and Kreayshawn — airs Saturday at 11 a.m. on MTV.

The 28th annual MTV Video Music Awards will air live Sunday, August 28, from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles at 9 p.m. ET/PT, following the Selena Gomez-hosted pre-show at 8. See the list of nominees, revisit last year's highlights and vote for Best New Artist by visiting VMA.MTV.com.

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1669645/big-sean-carjacked-when-i-was-17.jhtml

Erika Christensen Estella Warren Esther CaƱadas

No comments:

Post a Comment