Wednesday 22 September 2010

The Situation Is Confident After 'Dancing With The Stars' Week One

'I understand you have to sometimes risk defeat to get a victory,' he says of his strategy.By Jocelyn Vena





Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and his partner Karina Smirnoff on "Dancing With the Stars"

Photo: ABC




Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino scored only 15 out of a possible 30 points after performing the cha-cha on Monday night's episode of "Dancing With the Stars." Despite that low score, the "Jersey Shore" star escaped elimination on Tuesday and will be back next week to once again compete against the cast's other dancing celebrities and show the judges that with a bit more time to practice he can improve. Despite the low score and his placement in the bottom three, the Situation doesn't think he danced too poorly.
"I didn't do bad. I knew dancing wasn't my strong point. But I thought, 'I'm going to give this everything and try my hardest and whatever happens, happens.' And this was in front of millions of people!" he told Us about his dancing debut. "I just jumped headfirst into it, like I do with everything."
He didn't think much of the judges' harsh criticisms. "I think they were definitely a little hard on me! I mean, I jumped off the stage! I thought that was cool," he said, defending Monday night's routine. "I am a very confident guy, but I understand you have to sometimes risk defeat to get a victory."
Experts have favored him to last longer than fellow MTV star Audrina Patridge thanks to his big personality, but the Sitch is hoping to show off more than just that while on the show. "I'm trying to show people, 'Hey, this guy is going out of his element, and he's taking on a competition in front of millions of people. Maybe he's making a fool out of himself, but he's still doing okay,' " he said. "I just want people to know this is an intelligent kid."
Will the "DWTS" audience ever get to see his abs? "I don't want to cop out and show abs right off the bat!" he said. "Maybe we're going to save the Situation for another situation."
His dance partner, Karina Smirnoff, told MTV News that she too doesn't want the Situation's signature body part to turn into a gimmick. "If that was up to me, we all know Mike as Mike 'The Situation' from 'Jersey Shore,' so I think it'd be nice to still have Mike as Mike that we know, but also show some more insight into him wearing a tuxedo, wearing something we've never seen," she said. "I hope we're able to give different sides of Mike."



Related Photos


'Dancing With The Stars' Season 11 Cast Revealed!

Mariah OBrien Marika Dominczyk Marisa Coughlan

No comments:

Post a Comment