Thursday 23 December 2010

Michelle Williams Speaks on Heath Ledger, Can't Find Meaning in Actor's Death


Michelle Williams is still struggling to find meaning in the passing of ex-husband Heath Ledger.

In an interview with Nightline that aired last night, the Blue Valentine star said: "I can find meanings in things and people and relationships that have sprung up and friendships that have strengthened. I found a lot of meaning in that... but not in ‘why.’”


Michelle Williams - Nightline Interview

Williams battled back tears at many points in the discussion, touching on a range of subjects that included the months that followed Ledger's death, as well as the state of the couple's child, Matilda.

Excerpts are below.

On the years after his death: “In a strange way, I miss that year, because all those possibilities that existed then are gone. It didn’t seem unlikely to me that he could walk through a door or could appear behind a bush. It was a year of very magical thinking, and in some ways I’m sad to be moving further and further away from it.”

On providing Matilda with a normal childhood: “It’s going well. We’re doing a good job of it. It is of more importance to me than anything in my life. I would rearrange anything to make that possible. If something starts to encroach on that it’s going to be removed from the equation.”

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2010/12/michelle-williams-speaks-on-heath-ledger-cant-find-meaning-in-ac/

Tina Fey Tricia Helfer Tricia Vessey

No comments:

Post a Comment