Saturday 25 February 2012

Rosie Huntington Whiteley's Career Conversation with GQ Australia

She's one of the hottest supermodels in the world, and Rosie Huntington Whiteley was tapped for an interview gracing the pages of the March 2012 issue of GQ Australia.

The 24-year-old English beauty's Down Under feature includes a small Simon Emmett shot spread to go with her chat with the magazine about her blossoming career.

Highlights from Rosie's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to check out GQ Australia!

On her hopes in acting and her thoughts on critics:
"I don't know if I can act yet. It's too early. Do I think I'm going to be the next Meryl Streep? No. Would I like even a sniff of Angelina Jolie's career? Yes. Do I think I have a future in this business? I certainly hope so. And I'm going to work damn hard to make sure I do. I'm ready for the criticism. The 'model turned actress in a Michael Bay movie' rubbish ? the critics have already written their reviews. I'm not standing here saying I'm an amazing actress or that I've had a heap of thespie training, but you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I'm here to work and have a career. Let the haters hate. I'm ready."

On wanting to go to the big city at a young age:
"I did long for the city. But I was a very outdoorsy kid. Until I was 15, riding with my thing; I was horse-obsessed. I've always worked; my first job was as a chambermaid ? it wasn't as sexy as it sounds. My mom worked as an aerobics instructor, then in a local gun shop. She now runs a caf�. My brother and sister were out shooting or hunting and my dad was in the vegetable garden. I was a lot more girly. From a really young age, all I wanted to do was go to London. I had my heart dead-set on getting there ? somehow."

On making it as a model:
"It's not what you know, it's who you know ? my mother taught me that. So when I went to London shortly after doing work experience, I popped into the agency to say hello and keep my contacts alive. There was a new agent there, and she asked if I wanted to give modeling a go. I thought it might let me see deeper inside the industry, and so why not ? I leapt at the opportunity. Within a year I was traveling to America, being booked for French Connection, Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch. I started to make serious money. Suddenly, school didn't seem quite so important."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/rosie-huntington-whiteley/rosie-huntington-whiteley-586365

Rose Byrne Rose McGowan Roselyn Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment