Tuesday 24 April 2012

Mac Miller To Make Return To 'RapFix Live'

The 20-year-old Pittsburgh MC is currently on tour for his Macadelic mixtape.
By Rob Markman


Mac Miller
Photo: MTV News

Mac is back, so you can expect a Most Dope "RapFix Live" when Mac Miller returns to the red couch on Wednesday.

It's been a hell of a ride for the 20-year-old spitter, and he doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon. After landing the #1 album in the country last November with his debut LP Blue Slide Park, Mac has been moving at an accelerated pace. He concluded his 80-date, sold-out BSP tour in December and immediately hit the lab to cook up his Macadelic mixtape, which he dropped as a free Internet download in March.

"It's like the story of someone who is growing up, trying to figure out who he is and trying to figure out what he's supposed to do in the world and how he's gonna change it," Mac told Mixtape Daily of Macadelic. "I think it's a great piece because it's a great part of my career, it's a great time right now and I feel like I been making mixtapes for five years, so this one is very special to me."

The tape features contributions from Cam'ron, Kendrick Lamar and Lil Wayne on the soul-bearing "The Question." "This song is a real meaningful song to me, man, and I wanted to make sure I got Wayne on something that was heartfelt," he said of "The Question." "I got him on a record that I was saying something and not just talkin' sh--, so this record right here really kinda deals with a question that I've been goin' through in my own head."

Mac is currently out on tour in support of Macadelic, but that didn't stop him from announcing his next run: the with Wiz Khalifa, Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q and Chevy Woods. "It means everything, Mac's my little homey. It's good for his fans; it's good for everybody who've been wanting to see us do what we do together," Wiz told MTV News of the joint summer tour last week while on the set for Maroon 5's "Payphones" video in L.A.

Catch Mac Miller on "RapFix Live" Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET on MTV.com, and be sure to join the Twitter conversation using the hashtag #RapFixLive. Send your questions for the artists @MTVRapFix!

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1683700/mac-miller-rapfix-live.jhtml

Michael Michele Michelle Behennah Michelle Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment